Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bad Water 20

I had a whole lot of things to say in this post, but I'm just glad now to have just had the energy to paint, and I'll leave the writing for another day.

I will say one quick thing about an unrelated topic. Doug Fister, a baseball player, is a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers. He was hit in the head by a line drive tonight in the 2nd inning of game 2 of the World Series. While he eventually would give up the winning run, he stayed in the game after being hit, and even pitched into the 7th inning.

Many of you may not be familiar with baseball, but the guy was 60 feet from the batter, and a hard smash by the batter hit the right side of his head and ended up in the outfield. He shook it off and played on as if it didn't happen. He has re-defined the concept of tough for me.

I was hit in the head by a few metaphorical line drives over the past few days. I'm still in the game. In fact, I worked on the 20th installment of Bad Water tonight against all odds that I would have the energy to paint for 2 hours after the week I've been having.


No comments:

Post a Comment