Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not So Sleepless In Seattle


I noticed over the past week or so that my website was getting some attention from the Pacific Northwest, particularly Seattle, Spokane and Portland. A little boredom today prompted me to do a google search of myself, which shed a little light on this phenomenon.

I'm not quite sure what Hankblog is, or what its intended purpose is. It seems to be associated with Henry Art Gallery at the University of Washington in Seattle.

I apparently gave Hankblog an interview (maybe when I was drunk, which is a realistic possibility), although some fact checking may have been overlooked a bit by the interviewers. They did get the title of my painting correct, and even included the link to my website. But I'm strictly paint on canvas now. I stopped doing that mixed media stuff with random found objects like 15 years ago.

All kidding aside, this appears to be a simple case of mistaken identity. A quick google search of my name will demonstrate that this is a relatively easy mistake to make, turning up thousands of hits, including a former Irish MP, an English footballer, an an 18th Century English poet, and a former pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks. There are also contemporary musicians and artists with the same name as me, none of whom I have ever met.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the event on the 24th at the gallery, but I live in New Jersey and probably couldn't have gotten a flight at such short notice. Besides, meeting someone with the same name as me might freak me out, like when John Malkovitch takes the plunge inside his own head.


After The Occupation by Matthew Green, not Matthew Green

No comments:

Post a Comment