Monday, January 14, 2013

Updates

There's been some recent good news and positive activity in my art world recently. It seems like so much has happened so quickly and I'm about to get considerably busier in the upcoming months.

I've sold a nice chunk of work thanks to a fire sale I've been having in my store on Zatista.com and from other sources. Lots of canvases old and new have moved, which will make room for new work. Unfortunately, the walls in my home are becoming harder to cover!

I was recently contacted by the kind folks at Off The Wall Gallery at Dirty Franks asking if I would be interested in participating in a show this spring called the Mary Liz Memorial Masters Exhibition, which will run from March 3 until April 19, 2013. It's a show that will feature 3 selected artists, so I suppose that means they consider me to be among the masters who have previously shown there. A date for the opening reception has not been scheduled yet, but it will most likely be the first or second Thursday in March.

They have also asked me to be named a Mary Liz Fellow. I am honored to be a part of this fellowship and will post details of that in the upcoming weeks. The only down side of all of this is that they are coming to my studio sometime in February to choose work for the show. Since so much of my work has been selling, I'm finding myself for the first time to be short on available pieces. It looks like I'll have to kick it into high gear to get something ready from March.

Lastly, I just submitted an application to participate in an open studio tour organized by a local arts organization called 4 Towns 4 Art. The towns included are Collingswood, Oaklyn, Haddon Township and Haddonfield in southern New Jersey. I think I can say with confidence that I will be accepted for participation in this event.

The tour will take place on Saturday, April 6, 2013 from 11am until 6pm. It is open to the public, and anyone reading this is welcome to take the ride out and see the creative process in action. The only downside to this for me, again, is my current shortage of paintings for sale and display. Works will be available for purchase by the public, and there will be work in progress in the studio. Don't expect me to be wearing my Sunday Best as I plan on painting while people are visiting!

As a final note, I think it's worth mentioning that I have updated my website, mgreenartist.com to reflect all of the events of the past few months. Feel free to check it out.

Look for more updates as the dates approach for these events.


No comments:

Post a Comment