Thursday, May 31, 2012

Video Evidence

The image below is the "official" photo of my most recent painting, titled After The Occupation. It was painted from a photo I shot in May of 2010 on a canoe trip in the New Jersey Meadowlands with my brother.

After I finished the painting 2 weeks ago, I remembered a comment I made on the trip, just after I snapped the photo at the 1:12 mark. In the video below, right around 1:20, you'll hear it:

What I said was: "If one of those photos is any good that I just shot earlier, that's a painting" It was either prophesy or sheer determination. Take your pick. The next image I'm thinking about comes at around 3:50. Check back in about 2 months to see how I'm doing on that one. I was pretty exhausted by the end of that trip, as you can clearly tell by my dazed and confused look near the very end of the video. The outgoing tide on the Hackensack that day was a force to be reckoned with and we were paddling against it. And yes, the ground is sometimes made of garbage. Lastly, thank you, forever, to the Victor Victor Band for the soundtrack that I stole.

No comments:

Post a Comment