Monday, February 8, 2010

Life's Little Hurdles

Maybe God doesn't want me to paint The Meadowlands. Pearl Paint on South Street in Philly is gone, as I learned when I went there last Friday, so I bought canvas at Utrecht, but they don't sell the 52" rolls I usually get (which fit nicely on 48" paintings). This first one I want to do will be 48" x 72". Utrecht had squares of canvas, so I bought a 77" x 2yd square, thinking the 2yd side would have a little extra, but it didn't. So I ordered a 53" x 6yd Fredrix roll from Pearl online, knowing I would have to wait a few days for the FedEx guy before I could start. I thought at least it would be here by the end of the week, but now the weather forecast is looking rather bleak. If snow stopped the USPS last Saturday, I couldn't imagine FedEx making deliveries Wednesday or Thursday in the snow they're calling for. So now I wait. And wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment